- Internal use
- Internally, chickweed is used for rheumatism as well as chest infections.
- When liquidized it is included with other herbs and vegetables as a tonic juice.
- It is also used in salads and cooked as a vegetable.
- External use
- It is a superb herb to use for itchy skin as well as eczema, acne, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, psoriasis, inflammation, ulcers, vaginitis, boils, abscesses, allergies and other skin problems.
- It is useful in treating wounds. It speeds up the healing process.
- It has an anti-itching effect.
- Its excellent healing action makes it a must in any healing cream. (and it is one of the ingredients in the healing salve I make)