Red Cross Launches New First Aid Mobile App
The American Red Cross Preparedness and Health and Safety Services has launched the first in a new series of mobile apps for iPhones and Android phones. This free app provides the average and untrained user with knowledge of what to do when first aid is required in everyday situations. Using videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice, it’s a tool that anyone with a compatible phone should have.
This app is not targeted at the professional responder. It does not have a first aid or CPR certification component nor is it meant to take the place of full first aid training.
- Simple, easy-to-understand advice on everyday first aid scenarios
- Videos, step-by-step instructions and animations making learning first aid fun and easy.
- Preparedness tips on how to prepare for some of the most common emergency situations, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornados.
- An Emergency section serving as your personal panic button is instantly accessible, giving you just enough info to know what to do in emergency first aid situations.
- Find out how much you’ve learned by taking interactive quizzes.
- Earn “badges” and share them with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to show off your life-saving knowledge.
- The information is all hosted in the app itself, so no internet connection is needed, making it fast and easy to access.
- Text to donate from within the app – Selecting donate via text will launch a text pre-populated with the Red Cross shortcode and keywords.
- Collect Them All section – in the More tab, this will highlight the icons of all apps in the pipeline making app discovery visible and simple.
- Android widget – widget that users can add to their Android phone home screens providing quick and direct access.