Good Morning Y2K20
Good morning family and friends it’s Y2K20 (Year 2020)
Today we all woke up to a day vastly different than just 72 hours ago. Possibly one of the greatest un-another events has happened. Figure that one out. Think hard. The doors of churches are closed, a lot of kids are going to start homeschooling for the first time, many people are not allowed to go to the workplace, the Internet is an absolute necessity, store shelves are empty or almost empty.
We all are going to be adjusting to the new normal. Some things will go back to normal and some things will never be the same again. Just remember change is always hard but often can be a great blessing in disguise.
John and I have given this a lot of thought over the years about one-another being one of the main themes of our lives. Hebrews 10:25 “and let us consider how we can spur one another on to love and good deeds”.
Our goal over the next few weeks is to share with you some of the things we have learned in our lifetime that could be very helpful in the situation to turn evil to good.
You all know the situation with John. As well as he is in the at risk age and right now his immune system is compromised. We will be using the CDC’s (center for disease control) guidelines to be just another way we can try to get through the virus.
Policies and Procedures for Visitors (these were specific to nursing homes), but I will put the guidelines for us in our wording.
- Because of the ease of spread in continual contact with people and the severity of illness that occurs in compromised systems we need to restrict all visitation to our home except for those we have or will ask to help in certain ways. (This is going to be hard for us as we have dozens of people always dropping in every week.)
- Being that not one of you is considered a non-essential person in our lives we will welcome of course contact as usual through emails and phone and hugs across the airwaves.
- We look forward hopefully in the near future to resume our coffee times.
- One of the things on the list was to remind residents (or wonderful friends and family like y’all) to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
- And another good thing for you all is to be aware of symptoms which are fever, dry cough, shortness of breath so that you can get tested and help soon. And if you have the symptoms (even though it could be some other respiratory ailment, stay clear of others unless of course you end up in the hospital). Shoot the duck!
This ones for free!
From Johns book The Frugal Prosumer Philosophy written after y2k
“The thunder is rumbling! What flooding will bring and how it will come I don’t know. But some things are for sure. Fuel and food costs shoot through the roof and then come down again, making us like the people around the boy who cried wolf. When it really happened they weren’t ready. History teaches us that one of these times things aren’t going to go back to normal and probably will result in major economic upheaval.
Contrary to what people want to think, the current crisis is worldwide.
Is this a message about doom and gloom? No! It’s only recognizing the facts. Once we recognize the facts, we can be like the surfer who looks forward to the news that a big storm, with big waves, is coming. With the freezing waves crashing, in a death-defying environment, with chaos all around, the surfer enjoys the exhilarating ride of a lifetime and while the unprepared perish or get beat up.
The surfer has learned that, with the right preparation and tools, he can have the time of his life. A surfer succeeds by:
- Intensely studying wind, waves, currents, and weather to know what and when something is going to happen.
- Learning what makes the conditions in the chaos just right to take advantage of.
- Honing skills in the smaller waves of life.
- Having the proper equipment, knowing how to use it, and what conditions it will work in.
- Taking advantage of the perfect conditions.
The economic storms and accompanying waves are coming. You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf. Are we going to huddle in fear or be like the surfer?
Vast opportunity and great hazards lie ahead. Surf’s up! Let’s ride!”
Our goal: help you enjoy the waves of Y2K20
Love you all so very much ✌🏻